Add More Greens---5 Ways!
Are you thinking of adding more green foods to your meals? I have five ideas on how you can accomplish this. Are you ready?
1. Make some homemade pesto. Use basil, of course, and add some kale or spinach for more greens. It's very tasty and adds more nutrition to the dish.
Forks Over Knives.com has a Basil Pesto recipe.
They use 2 cups of fresh basil. Instead of 2 cups, use 1 1/2 cups basil and one cup of kale or spinach.
1/4 cups pine nuts
4 cloves garlic (peeled and chopped)
2 tsp. lemon juice
salt to taste
1/2 12 oz. pack of extra firm silken tofu--at times, I have omitted this
1/4 cup nutritional yeast.
**All of these ingredients can be blended in a strong blender before pouring over your pasta.
2. When you're making your morning smoothie, add some greens. Try adding a handful of spinach to your mixture. Your liquid will be green but tasty.
3. Saute some chopped greens like kale or collard greens with garlic, onions and peppers. Enjoy the greens as a side dish for your meal. Delicious!
4. Making wraps? Add some greens to the tortillas with the cheese, beans, rice and spices. Wrap the tortilla around tightly around the ingredients. Eat carefully!
5. In the winter, you may be making homemade soup - chicken or vegetable. To add more greens, add an extra cup of chopped kale, or collard greens or spinach.
Do you have more ideas to add to the list? Let me know and I'll add them on.
Have a wonderful day!